Thursday, November 25, 2004

Let Us Give Thanks

With all the medical worries over the past few days, and changing our holiday plans, I haven't had much time to worry about job hunting. The time that my severance and unemployment runs out is a long way away... at least 6 months or so. I don't want to waste time, yet, I don't have to panic at this point either.

So, the plan is to spend the holiday locally with my parents because my mother-in-law isn't up to a long car ride down to Long Island. I feel bad that they won't get to see their side of the family, but it's out of my hands... the decision was theirs to make.

For some unknown reason, my Father doesn't like to say Grace before Thanksgiving Dinner. It always fell to my Grandfather who -- a very religious man and a some-time Baptist deacon -- would conjure a prayer of epic proportions. Now that Grandpa has been gone for a few years, my Father has annointed me to say Grace.

So, I say a simple prayer, because there would be no hope of competing with Grandpa.

As I finish, my fiance quietly cries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home