Friday, November 12, 2004

The Fat Lady is Warming Up

Earlier this week, the company announced there would be a reduction in force of thousands.

Actually, the employees learned of the reduction in force through the press before it was announced internally. Nice.

Supposedly, everyone affected will be notified by the end of this week (today.) I'm a bit nervous, but I have no control over the situation, so I try not to worry.

I've already discussed the situation with my fiance, and we'll handle whatever happens. But if I just make it through the day today, chances are I'll be okay.

That said, I still have a nagging feeling in my gut. The head office has been quiet lately and my phone has not been ringing as much as I'd like. I've been calling a lot of people to see if I could pick up on any weird vibes, but so far, nothing either way.

The company has been on a downward spiral for some time, but everything seems to be coming to a head this week.

I hear through the grapevine that some folks were let go in the Midwest office. Will that be it, or will more heads fall before this is over?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home