Tuesday, November 16, 2004

The Final Call

I woke up today feeling okay, but it still hasn't sunk in.

I have a conference call in the office today at 2pm to wrap up some outstanding items.

On this call, I'm supposed to wrap up everything I do in a nutshell and deliver it as a series of bullet points so some surviving colleagues can assume my duties. How do you condense 5 years of evolving processes into bulletpoints?

I do the best I can and wish them luck, knowing full well that most of what I did will fall into a hole to never be done again. So much for the sales reps and customers that looked forward to the newsletters I did every month. Although, I've built enough of a library over the past several years that they can probably coast for some time. Just slap a new date on some old newsletters and who will know the difference?

Once again, I say goodbye to the folks in my office and leave a note for the cleaning guy who won't be there until 4:30 or so. He was a nice guy and I liked chatting with him. I feel bad that I never knew his name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home