Friday, November 12, 2004

The Dinner Party

Well, I got out of the office today without getting the axe. If I was going to get whacked, it was supposed to happen by the end of the week, so it looks like I dodged the bullet this time.

Went out to dinner with another couple... an old buddy of mine and his wife. We talked about my company's problems and how it looks like I got lucky. I am realistic enough to know that marketing jobs are typically some of the first to go when times get tough. We don't make money, we just spend it. At least, that's how it looks on paper to senior management.

My friend just started his own business and joked that if I lost my job, I could come work for him in some sort of secretarial role.

This is how men bond, they ruthlessly bust each other's balls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home