Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Relief

God, I hope I don't live to regret this, but I'm actually relieved. A large weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

The job hasn't been fun in a long time. Management has changed 3 times in the past 2 years and the folks that originally hired me are long gone. The new regime has marginalized my role. I'm left to focus on Powerpoint presentations and compliance issues because they took my budget away and I can't spend any more money.

The sun is shining again and I'm looking forward to new opportunities.

I spoke with some former colleagues including some that got the axe as well. The consensus is that we are the lucky ones. The poor schlubs left behind will be miserable up until the day they get the axe.

The company has already said that further reductions are a strong possibility in March. In corporate lingo, "strong possibility of layoffs" means "more will lose their jobs, we just don't know how many. We'll get back to you once we've seen the year end numbers."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home